Potty training is one of the most important things parents have to do for their kids. Most children dont have difficulty during their training in using the toilet. Normally, children can develop good potty habits between 18 months and 3 years.
Unfortunately, some children do not have the same physical, intellectual, and psychological readiness to be potty trained at a young age.
Here are some signs of good potty training skills:
1. Physical readiness
Being able to show the need to urinate or have a bowel movement by his facial expression or posture
Staying dry for at least 2 hours
Regular bowel movements
2. Intellectual readiness
Understanding commands and instructions
Cooperating during training
3. Psychological readiness
Recognizing discomfort caused by dirty diapers
Asking for diapers to be changed
Recognizing a full bladder
Recognizing between the need to urinate or have a bowel movement
Here are some tips on how to potty train your kid fast:
1. Do not force or push your child too fast. Your child is just starting to develop habits in life, so take the process slowly. In the beginning, it is normal for him to experience accidents or have occasional relapses, so dont punish mistakes a lot. Go at a pace suitable for your child. If you start potty training before your child is ready and if you push him to go at a fast pace, this will usually lead to resistance.
2. Counter resistance. Sometimes, if kids go through a bad experience related to potty training, you should be able to manage the resistance well. If you scold and punish the resistance, the negative reinforcement will not help you any. So if you encounter resistance, determine the problem and be the one to change your method. This is easier to do than to try and force your child, which can further aggravate his negative perception of potty training.
3. Establish rewards and use positive reinforcement. Make it a point to praise and reward your child whenever he gets things right. This includes using the potty, asking to use it, using it properly, and so on. You can use small rewards such as toys or sweets.
4. Have him participate in changing his own diapers. Do not treat your child like a doll when youre changing his diapers. Tell him whats going on and even ask for his help. Make him throw his soiled diapers into the trash bin, and let him pick out new underwear. Teach him how to put it on.
5. Physical punishment wont get you anywhere. Do not use physical punishment when your child makes mistakes. Instead, use verbal reprimands, but make sure not to yell or shame him, especially in public.
6. Train his mind. Instead of physically punishing your child, it would be better to train his mental faculties and condition it to the idea of using the potty. You can do this easily with subliminal messages, which target the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is the part of the mind that controls peoples actions, behaviors, and habits. So if you instill good potty training ideals into your childs subconscious, you will be able to bypass conscious resistance to potty training.
Nelson Berry is the Pioneer of Subliminal Messages Videos and Subliminal MP3s Audio Subliminal Messages online. Valued at 0, click for 4 Free Subliminal Messages!